Manor House Area Action Plan
AZ Urban Studio, working in collaboration with Landolt and Brown Architects and Hyder Consulting, was commissioned by the London Borough of Hackney to assist in the production of an Area Action Plan for the Manor House area. The AAP sets out area specific planning policy to guide development in the area over the next 15 years.
The Manor House AAP sets out a policy framework to transform the current local centre into a vibrant hub for the surrounding communities, and a key service centre for the adjacent Woodberry Down development.
AZ Urban Studio’s role included:
– Extensive baseline research
– Sustainability Assessment and Habitats Regulation Assessment
– Financial viability assessment of options and delivery strategy
– Stakeholder and community consultation
– Co-authoring the AAP report with the Council
The AAP was found sound at an examination in public and adopted by Hackney Council in January 2013 and provides a powerful planning tool to guide the growth and regeneration of Manor House.
– Back to projects